Main functions: Assisting the technical department of CEWEP, focusing on scientific issues and management of statistics.
Starting date: February/March 2019
Location: Brussels, CEWEP office, Avenue de Tervueren 113
CEWEP (Confederation of European Waste-to-Energy Plants) is the umbrella association of the operators of Waste-to-Energy plants, representing about 400 plants from 22 countries. CEWEP focuses on contributing to European environmental and energy legislation that can affect Waste-to-Energy Plants.
Key responsibilities include:
- Monitoring data regarding Waste-to-Energy, including producing, maintaining and supporting databases;
- Analysing data and summarising key findings;
- Focusing on technical issues related to the operation of Waste-to-Energy plants and environmental assessment of waste management systems, energy resources, climate protection, chemical properties of waste and residues;
- Assisting in the organisation of CEWEP workshops, working groups and other CEWEP meetings;
- Communicating technical issues in an easily understandable way with regards to the public;
- Studying and preparing reports and position papers on existing and upcoming waste and energy-related EU legislation;
- Participating in European/international stakeholder working groups on technical topics;
- Research: information gathering on up-coming legislation and studies using the internet and other information sources;
- Writing contributions to quarterly EU-Reports summarising the status of different pieces of EU legislation;
- Attending meetings of the EU Institutions and other relevant conferences and events and reporting back to the Managing Director;
- As well as other administrative tasks.
Knowledge, experience and skills required:
- Academic background: recent graduate in chemical, mechanical, environmental engineering (or similar);
- Knowledge and interest in sustainable waste management, energy and climate policies;
- Excellent verbal and written English. Other languages are an asset (particularly French);
- Good Knowledge of basic statistics and tools for managing data sets;
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Office suite);
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills;
- Effective organisational skills;
- A quick learner, team spirit and autonomous. Excellent communication skills;
- Interest in working in a small team in Brussels environment.
- A 5 months Internship in CEWEP;
- Interesting and varied work in a small, but effective team in a friendly working atmosphere;
- Possibility to learn and broaden your experience in multiple fields.
Qualified candidates should submit via e-mail a maximum one-page cover letter and a short CV (in English) to Agnė Razgaitytė email@example.com by Monday 21st January 2019.
Please mention in the title of your application “Application Internship at CEWEP”.
Technical Internship Advertisement