CEWEP is Looking for an Intern
19th March 2021
Main functions: Assisting CEWEP, focusing on EU policies and event organisation.
Starting date: May/June 2021
Location: Brussels, CEWEP office, Avenue de Tervueren 113
CEWEP (Confederation of European Waste-to-Energy Plants) is the European umbrella association of the operators of Waste-to-Energy plants, representing about 400 plants from 22 countries. CEWEP focuses on contributing to European environmental and energy policy that can affect Waste-to-Energy Plants.
Key responsibilities include:
- Monitoring policy developments regarding Waste-to-Energy, waste management, energy and climate protection;
- Studying and preparing reports and position papers on existing and upcoming waste, energy and climate-related EU legislation;
- Communicating technical issues in an easily understandable way;
- Assisting in the organisation of CEWEP Congress, workshops, working groups and other CEWEP meetings;
- Attending meetings of the EU Institutions and relevant conferences and events and reporting back to the Managing Director;
- As well as other administrative tasks.
Knowledge, experience and skills required:
- University degree;
- Technical academic background or experience is an advantage;
- Knowledge and interest in sustainable waste management, energy and climate topics;
- Knowledge and experience in EU policy (previous experience in Brussels office and/or EU Institutions – an advantage);
- Excellent verbal and written English. Other languages are an asset;
- Effective organisational skills, interest in event organisation;
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Office suite);
- A quick learner, team spirit and autonomous. Excellent communication skills;
- Interest in working in a small team in Brussels environment;
- A 5-6 months paid internship in CEWEP. A work contract may be considered after this period;
- Interesting and varied work in a small, but effective team in a friendly working atmosphere;
- Possibility to learn and broaden your experience in multiple fields.
Qualified candidates should submit via e-mail a maximum one-page cover letter and a short CV (in English) to Agnė Razgaitytė firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 16th April 2021.
Please mention in the title of your application “Application Internship at CEWEP”.