Valo’Marne plant, France – Increasing the energy production and improving the EfW plant energy efficiency
- An increase of waste heat export to Créteil’s district heating network (+67 GWhth/year)
- The creation of a new high-LHV incineration line (+120 kT/year) combined with a new steam generator turbine (+65 GWhe/year) and additional thermal export (for industrial and residential customers; +187 GWhth/year)
- A decrease of electricity and gas consumption with the medical waste line shutdown and the implementation of a new dry flue gas treatment system on the existing lines (instead of humid flue gas treatment)
- The creation of two greenhouses using waste heat to grow plants (herbs and vegetables)
- The implementation of a hydrogen station for trucks and taxis. Hydrogen will be produced through electrolysis, using the electricity generated by the EfW plant
In addition, a small CCS prototype using algae will be installed to study CO2 removal possibilities from flue gases.
More details on the project
Other nominees for the 2nd CEWEP Integration Award:
MVB Hamburg, Germany – Extended heat utilization of the waste and biomass incineration power plant
Krakow, Poland – Community Integration
The Award winners will be decided by popular vote during 10th CEWEP Congress in Berlin on 15th June 2023.